Kossan has launched it very first Halal glove in the market. In general, the essence of HALAL certification is to certify a product as complying with Shariah, or Islamic Law. The HALAL Assurance Sstem (HAS) not only oversees the finished goods, but has been included in the manufacturing process from the beginning. Every step of the process, from the acquisition of raw materials to the delivery of the finished product, is strictly monitored in order to supply hygienic and safe goods to the market.
There are 5 things that we need to know about CONFIDENZ HALAL glove:
All raw materials are being reviewed by competent personnel to ensure the raw materials used are meeting the HALAL standard requirements. In profound, they:
· Shall not contain any materials derived from animals that are not permissible and their descendants and derivatives;
· Shall be safe to use and not harmful to health
· Shall not contain Najs and shall not manufactured using equipment or materials that are contaminated with Najs.
· Shall not contain human parts or their derivatives forbidden by Shariah law
· Shall be separated from other goods that do not meet the HALAL requirements during preparation, processing packaging, storage or transport.
What is Najs?
· Animals that are not permissible and their descendants and derivatives;
· Animals or articles that are contaminated by non-HALAL substances;
· Any liquid discharged from human beings or animals such as urine, blood, vomit and so on;
· Animals that are not slaughtered according to Shariah law
· Khamar and food or drink such as wine or any drinks that intoxicate
The production facility and equipment used are routinely cleaned and maintained to ensure hygienic conditions. Additionally, the equipment used is confirmed to be free from sources of Najs, thus curbing possible contamination.
Our packing process is carried out in a clean and hygienic manner with sanitation conditions. During packing, products are separated from any other goods that do not meet the Halal requirements and/or anything that is decreed as Najs by Shariah Law.
Effort was exerted to ensure no mixing between raw materials/products with non-HALAL materials/sources or those with uncertain Halal status. This is implemented via stringent control at initial raw material purchase where only permitted raw ingredients are purchased and subsequently brought into the entry. The warehouse is also routinely cleaned and maintained to avoid the materials, products and finished goods from being contaminated with Najs.
As for transportation, our control was implemented to comply with the HALAL requirements.
· The transportation vehicles such as containers or bonded trucks shall be cleaned and free from contamination with Najs.
· The cargo or vehicles do not use to transport non-HALAL products. And, must ensure the product does not contaminate by non-HALAL materials during delivery.
· It does not mix HALAL products with non-HALAL products in the same container and/or any other mode of transportation.
· Ritual cleansing (sertu) shall be performed when contaminated with Najs.
The transport provider shall have transportation records and detection to keep track of shipment history.
Every process of our HALAL glove is strictly controlled in accordance with the HALAL standards. It’s not confined to religious-related matters but extends to products and services deemed safe for use or consumption and are of excellent quality.